Lic. Virginia García
Lic. Denise Shocrón
The main objective of the area is to achieve a successful work inclusion of the young person with intellectual disability in his/her work position, finding the aptitudes that he/she has to fulfill in the tasks that the work position needs.
Two simultaneous processes are developed inside the area: Evaluation of the position and selection of the applicant, and each one of them has its own objectives.
- To detect which are the characteristics of the position, which implies to know which are the tasks, responsibilities and competences needed to work in it.
- To make the company know the objectives and methodology of the Fundacion Discar ECA program.
- To know the work surrounding where the future employee will work.
- To evaluate adults with intellectual disabilities to know the person intensely, asking and evaluating different areas as: interpersonal, intrapersonal, family, adaptative, communicative, sensorimotor and cognitive.
- To talk about the strengths and weaknesses that the postulant has and the resources he/she has.
- To define if the postulant is apt to his/her entrance to the work world.
- To reevaluate the possible postulants for a specific work position in order to make the selection of the employee and then make the presentation of the company where he/she is going to work.